For those of you who were excited to play as the University of South Alabama in this year's edition of NCAA Football 13, you will be disappointed since they were left out of the video game due to time constraints for the newest member of the Football Bowl Championship division.
However, the folks over at EA Sports decided to make it up to them in next year's edition of the game by putting together arguably the most realistic package for a small school in the game's history:
1. During one of the games this upcoming year, EA Sports will videotape the team and cheerleader run-out onto the field at the start of a game so that we can try and replicate the run out and make it as realistic as possible.I think South Alabama fans will forgive EA on this one.
2. EA Sports will perform a crowd recording of a South Alabama game this year and use that recording to replicate the stadium sound effects and crowd chants in the game.
3. EA Sports also wants to work closely with the South Alabama athletic department in developing the South Alabama team introductions that ESPN announcers Brad Nessler, Rece Davis and Kirk Herbstreit will talk about at the start of each game.
4. EA Sports will be adding the South Alabama mascot "South Paw" into the game so South Paw will be on the sidelines during games and also be included in the "Mascot Mash-Up" game mode.
5. EA Sports wants to meet with the South Alabama football coaches to replicate the South Alabama playbook and make it as realistic as possible to what the team uses during the 2014 season.
6. EA SPORTS is already looking into licensing the rights to use Ladd Peebles Stadium so EA can perform a "Stadium Scan" of the stadium and get the most authentic South Alabama stadium possible into the 2014 NCAA Football game.
(Courtesy of Al.com)